Friday 27 October 2023

Friday 27th October

 Oh, the joy! Oh, the feeling of lightness! Oh, the brief moments of clarity, the sweet task of success!


 You see before you four bags of books, and there are another two besides, AND a bag of Christmas bric-a-brac I have been collecting ever since last January (because I am pretty certain NO charity shop wants to receive bags and bags of culled Christmas ornaments and decorations in the middle of January).

Yes sir, yes, sir, SEVEN bags full has left this house. We tend to take things to the British Heart Foundation, sinply because we can easily access the back door to ring the bell and deliver our stuff. (no sleeping bags, no CDs, no video tapes please).

This is all in addition to 9 bags of books taken to Cancer Research earlier in the week.

If that's sixteen in total, I'm feeling much better about one of my New Year Resolutions for 2023 which is 'two bags (any size, any amount) to charity every month' . I had been falling behind, but I reckon about six large bags were dispatched over the summer. So I've caught up at last, just a couple more to go. I doubt I'll have a problem meeting the target by Christmas. 

The bookshelves have been hoovered, a GIANT spider evicted (the shelves are over our bed - I won't dwell on the thought of a spider living just over my head for months and maybe even years - ugh.

All in all about 18 foot of shelf space cleared, ready for the next phase of The Great Bedroom Rearrangement Upheaval.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so enjoying our rearranged bedroom. It's calmer and I'm sure it's contributing to my better sleep patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's long past time we created a calmer bedroom. I'm aiming to finish in time for Christmas.

      Delete