Tuesday 10 October 2023

Tuesday 10th October - cross stitch news

 I had a card through the door regarding the missing cross stitch parcel; there was a fee to pay as it didn't have enough in postage stamps on it. I've paid, and it should be delivered on Friday. Is it just a coincidence that the card came through the day after I had a chat with the man at the sorting office who deals will the customer enquiries? I'm just happy it's on the way.


The 1 inch hexagon patchwork continues to grow. I had an idea to embroider the month and days on some of the patches;

I think this should work OK. I can add names of birthdays, anniversaries and so on as I go along. I did hit a snag; not insurmountable but still snaggy;

I can start the embroidery thread easily enough and do simple stitching while keeping the paper patches in place. But, I needed to remove the paper to end off the thread. That's ok for a patch already sewn on all six sides. However the patch I embroidered was at the edge. This made adding a patch to the unsupported edge a bit tricky. I shall try and avoid this in future. 


Yosemite
The red marker is where I was, the tartan one is where I have got to. I'm back on the trail now; the road carried on down, but the trail doubled back snd we are climbing up and up.



I'm pretty much on track, having managed 2200 steps yesterday (just over a mile).


And here's the view; judging by the group having a rest under the trees it's been a hot and dusty climb.



4 comments:

  1. So relieved about the parcel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too; I had been preparing myself to be philosophical about possibly losing the parcel.

      Delete
  2. Very pleased they have found the parcel.

    ReplyDelete