Tuesday 17 October 2023

Tuesday 17th October


 A couple of pages of leaf shapes, following the method one of my watercolour books.

I've reached the ribbing on the sock. I'm beginning to think I might finish it soon. I added nearly 2 inches yesterday so couldn't do much today as my fingers were tired.


The rest of the day went well too. I finished 'Mrs Harris goes to Moscow' - totally ridiculous but great fun. 

I'm in the ridiculous position of having 

four books in progress (three now!),

and

three in the 'to be read' pile, 

and a few that I dip into, as they fit with the days and seasons of the year

  • 'Nature's Calendar, or the year in 72 seasons' 
  • Nigel Slater's 'Kitchen Diaries' 
  • 'The Kitchen Cabinet', a spin off from the radio programme 
  • 'One Year through the Psalms', a chapter for every day.

I need to stop buying books!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it, it's the first one I've read.

      Delete
  2. I think his Kitchen Diaries are great - his descriptions make my mouth water, and sometimes laugh out loud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't cooked any recipes yet! But reading them is good enough; one can almost taste them.

      Delete