Monday 18 December 2023

Monday 18th December - Ordering online and knitting a bunny rabbit

 I've reached the moment that arrives every Christmas when I can no longer remember what I've ordered, what has been delivered, and what is still to arrive. 

Every knock at the door, and there have been several today, brings someone bearing brown card packages and boxes. It's like an early Christmas Day! I used to do most of my present buying from catalogues in pre-internet days, partly for the joy of unwrapping the presents before re-wrapping them and sending them on.

Inbetween the deliveries I finished off a little bunny rabbit. This was going to be a 4th Advent Sunday craft. I think I'm going to have to think of them as 'post-Christmas' crafts as Christmas Day is right after the 4th Sunday this year.

But here's the bunny as a super-quick little present.

Choose a nice soft yarn; I used a 'baby' dk and 4mm needles . You also need a bit of toy stuffing, a pom pom tail, and if you want to add eyes and nose, suitable yarn.

cast on 22 stirches and knit all rows until you have a square. Cast off.

Run a row of stitches along the blue lines, and put a little wad of stuffing in the centre of the triangle like this;


Pull up the ends of your stitching, pushing the the stuffing into the sort of pouch, and adding a little more if you need to.



Ears and a head appear. Secure the ends firmly and sew the back and base, inserting a tail as you go. My bunny has an ENORMOUS tail - it was all I could find!




No comments:

Post a Comment