Saturday 16 March 2024

Saturday 16th March

What a glorious morning! The first really spring-like day of the year. I'm beginning my annual metamorphosis from something like a hibernating tortoise to, well, not exactly a hare perhaps.

I was able to make use of all bar 1 of the paper pots I made earlier in the week when I was so frustrated by the never-ending rain. Lettuces; 6 each of Tom Thumb and Moonraker, Peas, a dozen pots of Kelvedon Wonder (the seeds are a bit old so I might open a more recent packet) and 6 each of three different kinds of broad beans. They are all tucked away in the cold frame in case we get another deluge as the garden is still very wet.


The only things growing are some chard which is looking pretty good


and the garlic, which you can't really see behind the Egyptian Walking Onion. All have come through wet winter unscathed.


Looking at the onion, I'm wondering if I could dig it up and split it into four or five baby ones. I shall search the Web.


SOCK KNITTING has happened. I've got asthma where the heel will be. If I can do about an inch a day, give or take, then it won't take very long.


I attach a marker to show where I get to each day to encourage myself. 

THE LIST OF STUFF TO GO

ANOTHER category has been crossed off; ten items gone from the bigger spare bedroom. Some for the book pile, and some for the bin. I can cross off number 7 now. 

I have a Cunning Plan to reduce my craft stash. More on this tomorrow! 






2 comments:

  1. All I have done is to sow some tomatoes, which are just showing their little green shoots. I shan't do much else now, maybe courgettes and Basil. You sre roaring through your list of things to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't down anything indoors. In the past I've started too early and everything got so leggy before it was safe to put them out.
      It is giving me great satisfaction to chip away at the accumulation of stuff that happens after decades of living at the same address.

      Delete