Saturday 9 March 2024

Saturday 9th March

A quiet day at home.

We needed that after a fairly busy and 'interesting' couple of days. A couple of my friends have long covid to differing degrees, ranging from years to months. They have all found that restricting themselves to no more than one event per day, or, for some of them, leaving a whole day between each event, is the way to get through while maintaining energy levels. 

There's a lot of good sense in adding in rest days into what might seem at first sight to be a fairly light schedule. Gone are the days when I could teach half a dozen whole class instrumental lessons in several primary schools scattered across the county and still cope with another four or five piano lessons at home, every day, every week!

So today has been one of those empty days in the diary, and I've been grateful. 

I started reading the first of the Damerosehay books by Elizabeth Goudge, The Bird in the Tree', a day or so ago, read the whole of the second one, 'The Herb of Grace' today, and started the third, 'The Heart of the Family' this evening. 

I also played the piano for a while, revisiting some of the old (and easier) favourites. I was pleased at how well I remembered them.

During one of the brighter moments in the day I wandered out into the front garden to look at the wallflowers. Happily the slight dampness of the paving didn't get through my hand knitted socks, (I hadn't bothered with shoes). Himself spotted that eight of the painted pebbles have reappeared on out next door neighbour's front wall, much to their surprise and ours. When did they get there? Who put them there?


I've decided to look at every room in the house and make a plan for decluttering. I'm starting with the bathroom... not much to do there... and the loo... even less! Those are the easy quick wins!

4 comments:

  1. The pebbles are enjoying a stroll round the neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To-do lists should always have a quick and easy task or two, so that you have a few encouraging ticks. In my worst, over busy, days when the children were young, Have Breakfast and Clean Teeth were always included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been known to include things that I have already done in order to have the pleasure of crossing them off....

      Delete