Friday 26 April 2024

Friday 26th April

1 This morning all I wanted to do was return to hibernation

Daughter's Drawing

Preferably with a hot drink, box of chocolates, book, blanket, hot water bottle....

Last night I struggled to get to sleep because my feet were cold - once I wrapped them up in an extra layer of duvet they warmed up and I managed to drop off. To sleep, I mean.

We had said, last week, or maybe the week before that it was heading for time to swap to a lighter weight duvet after getting too hot a few times. Now I'm glad we didn't. 

Converting my pyjamas top from 'pull over my head style' to buttons didn't go well. Cutting the two pieces of edge tape I used to the same length would have been the biggest improvement- what was I thinking? Was I even thinking? At Ang's suggestion I have sent off for some lightweight iron-on interfacing. 

I'll still be able to wear the top. It will look fine in the dark.


My bean sprouting jars arrived today. I started off with the traditional jam jar and muslin system,

 I started mung beans last night in the trad way and then transferred them to the new jars, 



Mung beans on the left and alfalfa on the right. Now I need to work out where to put them, somewhere out of direct sun, not in the way, but somewhere handy for the twice-daily rinsing with tepid water. The lids are a fine metal sieve to make changing the water easy, the stand makes sure they drain and the tray catches the drips. Perfect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment