Monday 8 April 2024

Monday 8th April

 Today, for the first time this year, I sat outside in the sunshine after lunch for nearly an hour, with some knitting (the sadly neglected poncho) and my afternoon coffee. It was glorious. Spring has properly arrived. No need for coat, scarf, hat and gloves.

I strolled over to the cold frame; all six Express and Aguadulce broad beans are through,  and four of the Crimson fFower seeds. No peas. I shall sow some more. That'll show'em!

You know how it us; 'free delivery with orders over £25', so you, are at least I,  hunt through to find something to make up the missing £8.71 to get the free delivery. And then find something for £12... so, has the delivery charge been saved or not?

I added this pack of fat quarters of cotton fabric on spec


I love them. The weave is just a little coarser than the usual dress cotton,  making it perfect for slow stitching on. Nice and easy to push the needle through. The yellowy overprinting is actually gold and sparkly.

Buying fabric online is always a bit of a leap of faith, not always as successful as this time.

I finished the third double knitting baby sock, but in a weak moment I cast on another baby sock, this time in sock yarn. I have to stop this random starting new bits of knitting! But not until I have finished the pair!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Our weather forecast stated it would rain at 7pm, and it did

      Delete
  2. Who made these glorious fabrics? Name, please and than k you!

    Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barabara Anne, the fabrics were a random click on Amazon. I'll have a hunt and put the link on the blog if I can find it again! They are lovely!

      Delete