Tuesday 2 April 2024

Tuesday 2nd April

'Any news?' was the constant greeting in the Mapp and Lucia books, set in Rye, by E F Benson. Well, not not really, would be my reply today...

I bought two Kindle books for 99p each yesterday. Neither were what I would call literature...

Trisha Ashley's rom-coms are the slightest of novels, but I have this love-hate relationship with them. So I will only buy them when they are 99p. This one was called 'Wedding Tiers', completely predictable, with the orphaned heroine, the love-rat, the tall  handsome man, food, recipes, country life, love tangles, all revolving around their appointed places and each one getting what they deserve by the last page. I started it yesterday evening and finished it this morning, 

The other is 'Bath Tangle' by Geogette Heyer. I'm slowly replacing all the tattered paperback copies that I sent to the charity shop because I couldn't cope with small print on yellowy paper anymore. At least on kindle I can adjust the lighting and font size.

KNITTING 

The new sock continues. I'm still increasing the toe. The plan is to knit about an inch or thereabouts each day. We shall see.

Another ball  of wool is gone from the stash. Here's the first Holy Hat. I've cropped the picture because I try and avoid posting pictures of real people, and anyway I was sitting up in bed. The hat wasn't finished; the circular needle I used is still in place as I was only partway through the decreases.


A Holy Hat? I was knitting a bit every morning while having a coffee and listening to the day's chunk of The Bible in a Year' read by David Suchet. I found that listening and knitting helped keep me focused, as much as one can be through the books of Leviticus and Numbers, 


I had to switch to a set of double pointed needles as the number of stitches got smaller. Finishing the hat while wrangling four needles and decreasing took All my patience and concentration. As soon as I finished I ordered a set of Addi CrasyTrio needs in the size, and hang the expense! I'm not putting myself through that again! The CrasyTrio needles, once I got used to them, are just so much easier to manage. 

I'll be casting on the next Holy Hat tomorrow as I have three different balls of Adriafil Knitcol to use up. The hats will go to a suitable charity.

CROSS STITCHING has happened twice today! That's two days in a row, and it might even get posted tomorrow. 


2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Addi Crasy Trio needles. They look fascinating. I can't quite get my head round them. (that's not expressed very well - esp if they are for knitting round a hat!)

    ReplyDelete