Wednesday 3 April 2024

Wednesday 3rd April

 I don't think there is anything like sewing and knitting for learning patience and pragmatism. You can't go any faster than the materials you are using will allow.

And there is nothing to be done when the thread runs out with only seven cross stitches left to finish the design except thread up the needle and get on with it. 


Or when there are just ten backstitches left to finish the edge. Ho hum.



But the March design, the final one for the collaboration is complete and in the post. Even better, it should be in a truck on its way to Ang!


This morning I cast on the next ball of wool from stash to make another Holy Hat.


A fifty gram ball, 4mm needles and around 100 - 110 stitches makes an adult hat. I go for a rolled brim to avoid any ribbing. 

Any other news...? Not really. I've sat and looked at my potatoes all chitting on the windowsill, and sat and looked at my vegetable pots all ready, waiting, and completely saturated with rain. 

I've started reading 'The Shell House', the first of a 4-part detective series by Emylia Hall, set in Cornwall. I'm sort of hooked-ish... we shall see.


2 comments: