Tuesday 30 April 2024

Tuesday 30th April

 That appears to be the shortest reaction I have ever had to a covid vaccination; just one day. I'm very grateful. 

This is what I saw when I looked out of the back door this morning,  


I watch that great oak tree through the seasons; every change in its appearance is a new pleasure. The little apple tree manages to survive even though it is rather close.

I rinsed the bean sprouts; I reckon we'll be eating the alfalfa tomorrow. 


Then I took a mug of tea out to my chair in the vegetable patch. 


That's the Egyptian Walking Onion in the foreground with eight flower heads. If you expand the photograph you will be able to see them more clearly. 

Best Beloved came out to join me quite soon as he is determined I shouldn't get carried away... how well he knows me! So he opened the slug wool container which had defeated me yesterday and spread it round the little pea and broad bean shoots.

I just sat and regarded the flowers and vegetables, and made a little sketch using a drawing app and the stylus on my phone.


It's a useful record of what's happening at the moment. The potatoes to the left are too far over to be properly included. The three apparently empty tubs in front are spring onions which didn't come up, an empty tub waiting for something to be sown or planted,  and another bonus potato tub.

April has been an almost complete write-off as regards the cross-stitch collaboration. My head has been too full to even think about it, but today I made a start on the borders. Ang has sent me her charts which will speed my progress. 



1 comment:

  1. I love the picture you did! I must do some sprouting! I bought a sprouter and some microherbs in lockdown...and then went back to work and did nothing about them!

    ReplyDelete