Monday 13 May 2024

Monday 13th May

 First things first; make sure I cracked on with the crossstitch collaboration! The end is absolutely in sight, and I just need to make sure I keep going.

Today was the day for finishing the third border. I was doing fine until I discovered I had finished the first skein of green embroidery thread. No matter, I knew I had two more... somewhere...

After .tidying away my paints, filing  some stray paperwork, relabelling the ring binders with clearer writing, sorting a craft box, going through and tidying a basket of miscellaneous sewing materials, I discovered them and finished today's section. I'll be able to carry on with the final border tomorrow. 

A useful morning's works, I suppose... here they are, safely tucked into the little felt Corinne Lapierre sewing pouch that I made from a kit at the beginning of 2020.



It is a brilliant little kit, still available. A couple of pieces of felt (more than you need) plenty of thread, and even a tape measure and seam ripper!



I've had my eye on this book for a while. Somebody mentioned it recently on their blog, and I was between books so I downloaded it.



I am hugely enjoying it. It's a good read so far. I'm halfway through and have been reading it a lot yesterday and today. In fact one I have finished tapping out this blog I'm going back to it.

And did I mention tidying away my paints? I copied these techniques from a YouTube video '9 ways to fill your sketchbook ', fairly quick and fluid ideas to try out. I did enjoy doing them, and I've space for two more below these ones, which is why I haven't removed all the washi tape yet.




10 comments:

  1. That's a lovely little pouch. *from a single thread* is the first part of the DMC motto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that; the book is centred on the Winchester kneelers, masterminded by Miss Pesel, who was the first president of the Embroiderer's Guild.

      Delete
  2. I am reading Tracy Chevalier's 'The Glass makers' at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall add it to my list. The single thread has been a Good Read.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation. I have just down loaded it! Love Fat Dormouse xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it. I'm sorry I have finished it 😀

      Delete
  4. I loved the book. It is a very interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it. Not just the details of the sewing but all the other themes along the way.

      Delete
  5. They're doing TCs "The girl with the pearl earring" on Radio 4Extra at the moment

    ReplyDelete