Tuesday 14 May 2024

Tuesday 14th May

 I have arrived at the Atapuerta Mountains in Northern Spain

Not literally; I am walking virtually the Camino di Santiago, roughly one mile per day on my current ConquerorChallenge app. As the trail is about 480 miles long I reckon it will take me until next Easter at this rate.

The mountains are a UNESCO world heritage site, because the caves contain the remains hominids - prehistoric  people - dating back some 800,000 years...

I wonder how many pilgrims take a day out to go and see and marvel...


I'm really sad that I have finished reading The Single Thread by Tracy Chevalier. There are so many themes explored in the book that reading it has given me much to reflect upon. It wasn't a book club choice, but a book I have been  thinking about reading, and decided to do so after reading a blog recommendation recently. Thank you, I'm sorry I can't remember who wrote about it.

The book club choice is 


which looks like being a lighter read than many recent choices. I'm looking forward to starting it in due course. 



No comments:

Post a Comment