Wednesday 22 May 2024

Wednesday 22nd May

 Aha! An election cometh! I'll say no more..... 

Today's flower to stare at is



This rose was already old when we moved here around 40 years ago and has survived decades of neglect.

Today's shopping surprise was this tiny bag of potatoes. 


We do the main grocery shop online. It is so easy, when adding things to the list to forget to check the size of the tin, carton, packet, or in this case, weight of the product before clicking 'add to basket'!

My patchwork/embroidered book cover continues. I've finished the third square, and the fourth is pinned ready to start stitching. I reckon I will need six patches, plus maybe two half width ones on either side.


This will be the front of the finished cover.

2 comments:

  1. Reading the first line very quickly, I saw it as 'Ah, an election comedy'. Appropriate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sight of the PM getting absolutely drenched making the announcement and apparently the song 'things can only get better ' blasting out from inside no 10 is certainly comedic!

      Delete