Saturday 27 July 2024

Saturday 27th July

Another lovely, lovely day.

The weather ha been perfect. I expect we should have watered the garden, but that will have to be tomorrow morning's job.

We met up with the off spring at the Cowdray Farm Shop Cafe, our usual place. We ordered our usual choices; three waffles-with-bacon-and-maple-syrup for them, and avocado on toast with a sausage for me. Except I ordered two sausages, and we all had half each. It was good to see them, hear their stories, chat, catch up, enjoy their company for a couple of hours.

It is also a lovely drive through the countryside, seeing the verges full of flowers, the chestnut trees covered in prickly green 'hedgehogs'.

This evening I finished the construction phase of book cover I'm making for my notebook swap friend. I need to sew the seams along the top and bottom edge and add some quilting to finish it. I'm still using the charm squares I bought a while ago, and an old pillowcase which had worn so thin that it was more a lawn weight fabric than a polycotton!

This is the back
 


and this is the front. She doesn't read the blog (as far as I know) so I'll be able to send it as a surprise!


2 comments: