Thursday 15 August 2024

Thursday 15th August

 First, the good news; my father’s YAG laser eye treatment yesterday afternoon seems to have gone really well so far. Yesterday evening he reported a noticeable difference in his sight, and this morning he was enjoying reading ordinary books again for the first time since the beginning of this year. It seems like a miracle, and has made such a difference to him.

And then, the rest of my day...

Sometimes days, if not life, really can be like a bowl of cherries. (This was my midafternoon snack.)


A friend came round for coffee in the morning and we were having such a good time in spite of the rather cool blustery weather that we had lunch together. She has been an absolute dear, getting my old saxophone repaired as there is a possibility a young niece might like to learn. I'll repay the repair costs, and she's taken it away so the niece can borrow it for a while so see if she really wants to learn. Brilliant! 

I sat at the piano for a while and did my piano exercises before continuing to work on the Beethoven Sonata for a little while. Once I settle to the piano I really enjoy getting stuck in. It's the getting started... always the getting started... excellent!

Hands up everyone who remembers these books from their own childhood piano lessons? I still use them with my own students. I've just three 'grownups' left, but they all enjoy using them. One child had a coloured version; all the little stick people at the beginning of the exercises had different coloured tunics! On closer inspection we discovered that a previous child had very carefully coloured each one as they (probably 'she') completed each little study. Ever since, I've coloured in the stick people in my copies and encouraged my students to do the same.

As well as musical exercises I've restarted doing the daily 5 minute 'strengthen and mobilise' ballet-based exercises again.  Result!

If music = mind, and ballet exercises = body, then if I can find some short spiritual exercise to do, I shall have covered all three!

Yes, it's been a really GOOD day today. One to keep mind and 'bring out to remember'.




2 comments:

  1. Glad you have had a good day, and that your dad is doing well ❤️‍🩹

    ReplyDelete