Wednesday 14 August 2024

Wednesday 14th August

 This morning, it felt as though my diary was disintegrating into


Planning how the next few days could work, with two deliveries to be arranged, three medical appointments, the trip to the bank to validate my ID, several zooms, and my head was spinning. I grabbed a blue paintstick to 'express myself' on the blank art page for this week in my diary, and discovered the way to remove the cap is most definitely NOT to unscrew it! Help!

And help came. Luckily BB was able to remove all the paint from our wooden floor and most of the paint from my desk. The explosion completely missed me, my clothes,  the chair cushion, and some brisk work with the nail brush made a decent job of my hands.

The days ahead were still a chaotic jumble but venting my feelings helped.

My father had laser treatment this afternoon for the eye that had gone cloudy after his cataract operation about twelve years ago. I was astonished; we went for a consultation knowing that sometimes the treatment can be done at the same time, and so it proved. He emerged from the treatment room after about ten minutes and we eere on our way home shortly after. Now he has to wait while the cloudiness disperses over three or four days, and then hopefully his vision will be as good as it ever was. Miraculous.

I managed to untangle a couple more scheduling problems this afternoon, and the chaos is dispersing too. Who knows but my diary will also become clear again?

6 comments:

  1. I remember when gel pens first came out. One of my pupils one in his mouth absent mindedly. It sorted of exploded, and green ink went all over his face, chin, shirt -he looked like an extra in a low budget horror film. He wailed that the ink tasted foul and he was being poisoned!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably a good thing that the ink tasted so terrible!

      Delete
  2. Ps hope dad goes on ok, and can see clearly soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I phoned him earlier this evening. Three hours after the treatment and he was already noticing the difference. Amazing.

      Delete
  3. My husband had the same treatment and was so happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that this is going to give him a new optimism and positivity. A weight off his (and our) shoulders.

      Delete