Tuesday 13 August 2024

Tuesday 13th August

 It's been one of those days when it has been hard to settle to anything. Yesterday was the day of rest, but today was definitely NOT!

It seemed that as soon as I lifted my head from one task, another two or three 'must answer today' emails appeared... so the day felt chopped up into little bits.

(I admit I copied this cartoon from a selection of very similar cartoons on the Internet)

However nothing new has arrived since half past seven this evening so that's that. For now, at any rate. 

Tomorrow is filling up with an eye appointment for my father, a rare visit to a banks for me, various deliveries due or to be arranged, a couple of phone calls, two parcels to wrap and post (not the Cover Story! That's still all in my mind) and the window cleaners are coming. 

Is that the lot? I'm off duty, I'm not looking at my diary again tonight. Well, maybe a weeny little peek...

So, apart from finishing a second Jill Mansell rom-com (memo to self; reading two of her books is like going for the second cream cake. Seems like a good idea to begin with but then you feel as though you've had too much of a goodish thing) there has been no more reading, no sewing or knitting - no concentration!

I thought I had retired, you know, days filled with hobbies, leisure, eeting friends, that sort of thing?

Still, I do have a couple of treats - going out for coffee, zooms with friends - lined up for later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Whilst I have found, for the most part, retirement to be a busy and productive time, this past week I have given thanks for my freedom. On these blistering hot days, I can choose not to do anything. Younger friends and family members still have to trek across hot cities to work in stuffy offices, or serve overheated grumpy customers, or attempt to bring comfort to bedridden patients, or housebound OAPs. I can sit on my bed, at 9am in a cool nightie, fan swishing the air around, (electric, not one welded by a servant) and
    lazily browse blogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking ahead in my diary for an upcoming 'retirement ' day... Tuesday next week is looking likely, or am I tempting fate? 🤫

      Delete