Saturday 12 October 2024

Saturday 12th October - knitty gritty

I haven't used that title for a post but knitting is pretty much all I've done today. 

Apart from bestirring myself to get up and admire the moon just now...

Poncho number 2 is as knitted as it is going to be, and I've sewn up the first seam (there are only 2!). I did ought to finish it tomorrow,  surely? 

I've been hunting for a really easy garter stitch pattern in chunky or even super chunky yarn. This should be arriving on Thursday;


I like 'very easy' in the description. Hopefully it will be a 'very quick' knit too. All my winter clothes seem to be in darker colours,  and I've been hankering after something BRIGHT and slightly wacky. This ball of yarn has been lying around for a year or more - why did I buy it? No idea.


But it's the sort of colour mix I have in mind. I remember someone commenting on another blog that it's always a good idea to have a brightly coloured project on the needles over winter.

Meanwhile I've got going again on my adult surprise jacket. It's been 'resting' for a couple of years at the 'increases' stage. 


Fortunately I left my notes in the bag with the knitting 



and even more fortunately I was able to work out where I had got to, and what the pink, red and white stitch markers were all about... I reckon I've got about 68 rows of increases, and then I'll be into the final phase(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment