Sunday, 19 July 2026

Sunday 19th July - Be still...

 Our neighbour took down a couple of fence panels between their garden and ours last summer to make it easier for the builders who built their extension. They've not been replaced, as the gap is convenient for the same builders now working on our extension! 

We had a grandstand view of everything the builders did (which is why we chosecthe same outfit for ours). 

Now, when I'm standing at our kitchen door early in the morning I've noticed that the trees and bushes in both gardens are full of small birds, gossiping, flitting around and generally being very busy. 

So I'm standing still, watching sos3 as not to disturb them, and they are constantly in motion. 

Be still... and know that I am God,  it says in the Psalms.

Vogel als prophet, (the prophet bird) from Waldscenen op 82 no 7, by Schuman,  played by Víkingur Ólafsson

6 comments:

  1. Shuman was always my favourite.. when will your builders be finished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, far too early to tell when it will be finished! I'm hoping it will all be a distant memory by Christmas 🎄!

      Delete
  2. RannedomThoughts20 July 2026 at 09:19

    I'm always amazed at how quickly pre-fabricated buildings emerge from the ground once the foundations and utilities go in, like a giant jigsaw puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like.once you've got yhe edges done, it all makes sense

      Delete
  3. Now your neighbours can have the experience you had when their extension was built. The weather is certainly helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both out at work all day, so we could rubberneck without any embarrassment to our heart's content!

      Delete