Thursday, 20 August 2026

Thursday 20th August - Rain!

Yesterday's 10-minute journal;


My collaboration squares went off to Ang on Tuesday, and arrived with her yesterday.  Hurrah for 2nd class post! 

At long last I hemmed my 'heatwave' trousers. I don't know why I coloured them green as they are a very pale duck egg blue. The fabric is like a thin, fine linen mix, so hemming had to be tiny wee stitches, just picking up a couple of threads on the outside. I think Esmé from Sewing Bee might have passed them!

I teased the builders saying they needed to hurry along with the roof because the forecast was for rain..

And it was true; yesterday we had Proper Rain for about fifteen-twenty minutes! It was drizzling most of the morning, but the hup! installers kept on doing whatever it was they were doing, but midmorning they retreated to their van with a mug of tea each for an unscheduled break. Not enough roof up yet to protect them. Luckily the rain didn't last and they emerged to carry on.

There's still nothing spectacular to see, but looking more closely I noticed beams mounted on the outside wall for the sloping roof panels to key into prepared sockets. It's all very precise measure four times and fix once stuff; the installers are very meticulous wh8ch gives me confidence.

...

Ang's squares arrived lunchtime yesterday in a pretty candy striped box (from the Snag tights company). The squares, for there were two of them! were wrapped in a sweet little handkerchief held together with a silver starburst pin.



A kit for foundation patchwork, the handkerchief and pin, and two squares.  I like the lattice pattern very much, and the variegated colours contrast well with the pink border. The multi-coloured square is a 'mindful' square are you have to pay attention to do the two different kinds of decrease in every other row... needs a bit more concentration. I shall add them to my growing stash while I continue to think what to make them all into...







No comments:

Post a Comment