Saturday 7 January 2023

Saturday 7th January - Reading Lists and Challenges

 Our local library is running a reading challenge for 2023.

Here's their suggested list; but I don't think the links will work as this just a screenshot.


So, this month... a book to make you feel good... I suppose this could be a self-help, self-care book, or an exercise book, or a how-to-declutter or a diet book. None of these would be my choice.

I'd prefer a good story, with a happy ending, and some laughs along the way. I'm currently reading 'Nightingale Wood' by Stella Gibbons, and 'The Twyford Code' by Janice Hallett and 'The Gentle Art of Domesticity' by Jane Brockham.






Of these, I think the first best fits January's category.  'The Twyford Code' is the current Book Club choice and I haven't really got stuck in yet. 'The Gentle Art of Domesticity' is a luscious celebration of colour and home crafts (except housework!). I dip in and out; it's rich fare. The photographs and ideas become a bit overwhelming in large doses.

Any suggestions for more January books?






2 comments:

  1. I picked up a Nigel Slater cookbook in a CS this week - these do not just make me feel good, they make me feel hungry. His prose style is mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever read a Nigel Slater book. I shall investigate. I bought Nigella's Christmas book for 99p on kindle last month and it was luscious

    ReplyDelete