Monday 13 November 2023

Monday 13th November

 




Here's another view from my Yosemite Trail virtual adventure, from a wooden bridge over a rushing river. I'm more than three-quarters of the way round the route and there have wonderful things to see. The Mirror Lake looks so beautiful;


I made soup yesterday. We often have 'posh supermarket soup' for supper and it is usually fine, but whatever it was we had a couple of nights ago was so boring that I couldn't manage to eat mine. A sort of minestrone accordingly to the description,  but it was dull, dull, dull tomato-coloured gloop with uniformly shaped bits of veg lolling about in it.

Mine was just a selection of veg; kohl rabi, onions, carrots, celery, cabbage, simmered with a tin of tomatoes and some beef stock made with a cube. It wasn't ready in time for supper yesterday; I was distracted by a visitor halfway through the chopping. So we had my cheat's egg-fried  rice, and the soup today. We should really give up on shop soup... mine wasn't anything special but was infinitely better.



2 comments:

  1. I bought a can of bog standard mulligatawny last week. Mainly because I thought it would be useful to have a can on standby, and also I couldn't remember the last time we had "pepper water" soup. I'm not repeating that one any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life was so much easier when tinned tomato soup was the height of sophistication....

      Delete