Monday 19 February 2024

Monday 19th February

 Today has been a mix of catching up and getting started.

The painted pebble project, putting a pebble with a little picture on it on the wall outside our house ground to a halt halfway through last week. I prepped half a dozen or so and put them out this morning once they were dry enough to survive the rain.



I'll need some more for tomorrow. 

Some parcels to post, a letter to write, prescription to sort out and request; all those little jobs that can fill a list so quickly.

I used Ang's recipe for Belgian Cake to deal with a smidgeon of mincemeat left in the bottom of a jar. How is it that in order to finish one jar of mincemeat I had to start another one? It's a very good cake, well worth the very slight effort of making it. 


I used half quantities and cooked it in a tin about 15cm square for 20 mins at 160°c in the air fryer. I will happily use up the rest of the newly half finished jat to make another.

Getting started; my work table now looks like this;


I spent most of the afternoon creating a cross stitch chart and beginning to stitch. I've had the idea for weeks now, but no idea how to make it work, and then no brain to start, and then no time to do it! I feel so much better for having made the chart, chosen the colours and done some stitches.


4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the Belgian Cake. The pebbles are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pebbles are lovely. I did a lot of pebble painting and leaving during lockdown. I wrote "inspirational" messages on them - my art isn't as good as yours! I think they were appreciated, but I don't know who took them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just doing them through February - and I'm 4 days behind again! You've reminded me to do some more. It's lovely, isn't it, when people pick them up to keep for themselves.

      Delete