Tuesday 28 May 2024

Tuesday 28th May

 The other morning I woke up feeling rather sad because I thought I had missed the Longest Day.... then I woke up properly and breathed sigh of relief.  Still May, not yet June. 

I was very annoyed to discover that Something had eaten a whole broad bean plant last week, and immediately sent off for two twin packs of these;


They were delivered today, and we have installed and filled them. Heh heh heh. Enjoy your beer...


We shall inspect them tomorrow. 

I have practised backstitching a title on the first book cover I made before doing one on the current cover. 


I might leave it until the cover is sewn onto the book, as I found stitching the letters fairly easy with the hard surface of the book underneath the fabric.

I finished the book 'The Secret Ingredient', by Sue Heaton last night. It was okay; I did find the ending a bit worthy,  a bit twee, and a bit obvious. I might try some of the recipes, if I can find them!

It's been an 'indoors' sort of day; cold, grey and rainy off and on. So, guess what, wevspent most of the day, apart from setting up the slug traps, indoors.

5 comments:

  1. Do hope you wont be kept awake with drunken slug singing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hear anything last night, I shall go and check the pots later this morning...

      Delete
  2. It's the thought of a trio of slugs singing "shoe me the way to go home..." That will keep me smiling all day .

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS The Cover Project...I'll email when I get home. Loving the look of you current cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll look forward to the email!

      Delete