Wednesday 29 May 2024

Wednesday 29th May

 The slug traps were a success!

But I thought I'd spare you a photograph. There were at least half a dozen in each of the traps. But no snails. I don't know if I am merely assisting the snails in their push for garden vegetable patch supremacy. I shall have to wait and see.

The traps have been emptied and refilled ready for tonight's binge drinkers.


Otherwise... the morning was taken up by the rehab exercise class. My second week, and I am no longer the newbie. Once we've been shown how to do all the exercises on the sheet we're left to get on with it at our our pace. I still had to ask which coloured elastic band I needed for chest expansions (red), and check if I had remembered how to do biceps curls. Then I lost count a couple of times so did a few extra for luck. 

Musicians count in 8s, and exercise class leaders count in 10s. I can 'feel' counts of 8 without actually counting,  but 10s do my head in.


It's not surprising that apart from writing lesson notes for a couple of piano lessons I taught yesterday very little else apart from reading ('The Girl of his Dreams', an Inspector Brunetti by Donna Leon). What a lot of different covers for the same book


I bought it on kindle so I've no idea which cover I have. Although the first and third pictures have an awful lot in common!


No comments:

Post a Comment