Saturday 15 June 2024

Saturday 15th June

 Ah, it must be April! A day of wind, and rain, and sunshine all by turns throughout the day.

I'm just wondering about all the hundreds of soaking wet uniforms to be dried out after the trooping of the colour today. Not to mention the bearskins, and those heavily embroidered cloths on the horses... Still it was a Jolly Good Show. I'm glad King Charles and Princess Katherine were kept nice and dry throughout, and I do admire Princess Anne for deciding to ride. I hope she was wearing thermals...

We visited my father just before lunch. While I waited for him to come down from his flat I saw this beautiful rose outside the entrance to the flats.


It's not a great picture as it was pretty gusty. I just wanted to record that lovely yellow fading out to pink at the edge of the petals.

Once again it wasn't a good day for going out...


This was the garden moments after some brilliant sunshine e which had raised my hopes...

So it was back to the jigsaw (time to go, BB so that I don't spoilit for you!)


I've sorted out the rest of the whimsy pieces 



and finished the sky, and separated out all the edge pieces i could find. There will be more, as some edge pieces are literally just a point.


That's it for today.

4 comments:

  1. I did feel that the King was standing for far too long, got quite worried about him! We do that sort of occasion rather well, dont we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw the end of the highlights of the trooping of the colour, this evening so I didn't see the bit where he was standing. I hope they all, soldiers and Royals, can have an easy day tomorrow! It was a Real Occasion,

      Delete
  2. I was so glad the Princess Catherine felt able to attend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope she can have a 'duvet day' today if she needs it.

      Delete