Monday 1 April 2013

Easter 2013

The Easter Weekend - like the Curate's Egg, "Good in Parts"

Bishop: "I'm afraid you've got a bad egg, Mr Jones"; Curate: "Oh, no, my Lord, I assure you that parts of it are excellent!"
"True Humility" by George du Maurier, originally published in Punch, 1895.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curate's_egg

Wednesday - Spy Wednesday

Up at the Royal Free for a cardiac catheter "procedure".
A long, long day - 6am train in order to be there for 8:30 am. My husband came too (as he has on the three previous occasions). Once again, there has been a slight improvement in whatever they are measuring, each time so slight as to be within the limits of the accuracy of the equipment, but, each time, always "in my favour".

Maundy Thursday

Waiting in for the delivery of an oxygen concentrator, to provide night-time oxygen as other investigations have shown that my oxygen levels fall when I am asleep.
Visiting my parents in the evening. The men go to Staples to photocopy papers, my mother and I chat, drink tea, eat biscuits...
Our son arrived for the Easter Holidays; after supper husband, son and daughter went Easter Egg shopping. The result was a bit overwhelming;

Good Friday

A slow morning. Neither of us got much sleep as the oxygen machine, chuntering gently in the background, takes a bit of getting used to. Son and Daughter enjoying a lie-in.
In the afternoon, everyone except me went out for a walk (weather very bracing!). In the evening, round to the parents; the men-folk discussing the alterations  to be made to the bathroom so that my mother will be able to use the shower.

Saturday

We were planning to visit Arundel castle, but it was cold, and I didn't feel well. So the rest of the family went in to town, but reappeared as it began to snow with half-eaten pasties in their hands and some goodies for tea on Easter Day.

Easter


Sunshine! Blue skies! Church in the morning, lunch in a restaurant in town, Easter tea with my parents. Lovely day.

Easter Monday

Off to have another try at the Arundel castle expedition - but when we got there it was jolly cold, so after a coffee we went on the to Explosions museum in Gosport, thinking that as it was indoors is would be warmer. It was - fractionally. We looked around for an hour or so, but our noses were frozen and the cafĂ© was chilly, so on to a favourite pub for lunch. Hmm. Pub not on its usual good form, so didn't stay for pudding! Dropped son off at his flat and came home.


Now stretched out on the settee, warmly wrapped up in a fleecy throw, cat curled up by my feet, my personal basket of  Easter Eggs just within reach, laptop on my lap...

















It's been - well, not quite as planned. A kind of series of unfinished and rescheduled events.  Sometimes that is just how things are.

Having said that, I find that I have enjoyed Easter this year!

I've had good news about my health.

We've had some laughs, and some amusing times. We didn't watch much TV; Dr Who (scary scary scary) and Shrek 4 (Forever After - the one where Puss-in-Boots has got fat and wears a pink ribbon).

I've listened to some great music: http://www.a-letter-from-home.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/saturday-30th-march-waiting-day.html
and weird music: http://www.themusicjungle.co.uk/live/2013/04/01/issue-83-in-a-persian-market/
 and astonishing music: http://www.themusicjungle.co.uk/live/2013/04/01/issue-83-portsmouth-sinfonia/

I've even managed to get Issue 83 of www.themusicjungle.co.uk online!

Now then. What's this in my Kinder-egg?



Ah, a sort of car thingy. The others only got sticker-sheets.




  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment