Sunday 8 June 2014

Sunday 8th June - Catch-up Sunday

last week, 26th May - 1st June, was half term - whoopee!

That's when I catch up on housework that hasn't been done, odd-jobs, filing, work-related admin, and do a lot of sleeping. I try and meet up with friends that I can't see during term-time.

I had a to-do- list with 26 items:

lesson write-ups and lesson planning, school reports, marking, going through and sorting out the various bags I use for the different schools and music club that I teach through the week and so forth, getting my pay claim in for a 27th May deadline

gardening - a back-log of weeding, extracting earth from the compost bin

de-cluttering tasks in the bed room - under the bed, on top of the wardrobe, clearing the bookshelves

perhaps even finishing a couple craft projects, maybe manage to meet a friend for coffee.

household - a mountain of laundry, some Proper Cleaning, some Serious Tidying-Up.

There were 30 items on the list. I got 10 done. The weekdays had been pretty much filled with other family activities.

So, here were are, a week later, and still 20 items on the list from last week, and another half-dozen added.

It's been a busy morning so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment