Monday 21 December 2015

Monday 21st December - Sit Rep 21

Blog posts with this title concern my mother's current situation. Family and friends will know more of the background and context, and this is primarily for them.

Well, that explains a lot, how I keep getting caught out by my Advent candle, I mean. I lit it, and asked my husband to keep an eye on it so I wouldn't let it burn for too long.


The flame suddenly flared about four inches high, and we had reached 24th December, just-like-that!

So I have made an Advent candle, the way I used to, years ago when they were harder to find in the shops.


You just write the numbers with a marker pen, and sometimes I stick on some gold stars (not today), and sometimes I spray the candles with a little gold paint (best done BEFORE you write the numbers on, otherwise the gold spray dissolves the numbers that you have just painstakingly written on the candle). Anyway, where was I? Oh yes....

My father and I went over to the Nursing Home in the morning. My mother has decided that she prefers us to visit earlier in the day, and then she dozes through the afternoon.

It was a very pleasant visit. She really enjoyed reading a Round Robin from my brother's family. She read the first page, and said she'd save the next page for later. My Godmother, who (whom?) I'd visited the previous day, had sent a warm grey cardigan as a present which also a Good Thing.

While my father was out of the room, she took the opportunity to ask me about how he is getting on. She always asks me about him when we are alone together - so lovely, that with all this change and turmoil in her life, his welfare remains her first concern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment