Tuesday 1 November 2016

Tuesday 1st Nov - Here we go again

National Blog Promotion Month starts again today...

I'll do my best - which won't be good this week - I am jet-lagged from a trip to Canada over half term visiting good friends over half-term. The live on the Niagara Escarpment - an amazing feature. Here are a few pictures I've found on wikipedia... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_Escarpment

no snow when we were there

This is from the Bruce Trail which follows the escarpment; we went to a look-out point which gave us this kind of view

Wave in Lake Ontario.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Ontario
(Most of the time the weather was amazing for October, although the Lake did look like this one day)

We got back yesterday morning. I didn't try and sleep on the flight, so was awake from 7am Toronto time on Sunday until 9pm English time on Monday. I can tell you a slept like a log on Monday night! I had tried to make Monday into a day off, but one piano pupil turned up in the afternoon (had I forgotten to tell her?) so I managed to teach, and I also had last-year's (delayed) appraisal conversation with my line manager over the phone. She needed to get it finished, and that was the only time we could find. I warned her I might not be very with-it; and indeed I wasn't. But it was a straightforward process, so it wasn't too demanding.

However, today was "Tuesday-as-usual" - five piano lessons, three class music lessons, and then another four lessons in the evening.

BB also had a "working" day - shopping for food, researching a battery for his car, organising some kind of solution for the problem of our freezer (which is slowly giving up being a freezer and becoming a fridge), collecting the cats from the cattery and cooking the evening meal.

So, how was Canada? Awesome, as they say. But I'll post on properly important topics when I have more than three functional brain cells...

No comments:

Post a Comment