Sunday 25 November 2018

Sunday 25th November - None-day

Last week was pretty busy, and I was glad of the opportunity for a lazy day today. Too lazy to even play with my pre-birthday present;

Saxoflute Super Building Kit

not just an ordinary every-day saxoflute, but the Super Saxoflute Builder Kit! Weird and wonderful.

I finished reading my book, and spent some time pondering why I found it rather unsatisfying. I think it is the writing style - not enough time given to describing the characters and the locations, too busy getting on with the plot. I'll go back to reading Jane Austen's 'Northanger Abbey' for a while now. The hardback copy I found in my bookshelves is going on the charity pile as I cannot bear the soppy illustrations. Somehow the faces of the people, and the way their clothes are portrayed, seems to be out of phase with the 1800s as I imagine them. My kindle copy doesn't have any pictures, so I am spared that irritation.

So what else did I accomplish today? Having a bath, getting dressed, watering the houseplants, knitting a bit more of the multicoloured scarf, visiting my father...

ordering some music, and a few other bits and pieces....

yup. that's about it.

Tomorrow I'll be back at work, teaching, and I'll also be a whole year older.

Music; Barber's Adagio for Strings, composed when he was only 26 years old.

This is the original version, composed for string quartet,



and quite different to the orchestral version. He used it again, for a choral setting of the Agnus Dei. 






No comments:

Post a Comment