Wednesday 9 March 2022

Wednesday 9th March - Swatting the flies

 We currently don't posses a fly swat. After opening today's window I think we should go out and get one. Hidden inside the belly of a flounder are a couple of flies. Once again, the scripture inside the door is far toooooo apposite for today; Ecclesiates 9:18 to 10:1


Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.

As dead flies give perfume a bad smell, so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor. 

Considering this was all written over a thousand year ago, things don't seem to have changed as much for the better as we might hope.

Moving swiftly onwards, here's a happier sight;


Here is the tea cosy after felting. I rubbed and scrubbed it in a bowl of extremely hot water and washing up liquid as advised by The Spruce website, twice 'shocking' the fibres with cold water. It now feels very thick and I think it will be ok to cut the slits for handle and spout if I do some sewing to secure the edges. I shall leave it sitting on the upturned bowl to continue drying.

I have been researching embroidery on the internet all day instead of writing up piano lessons. Patterns, designs, techniques. I have discovered an excellent series of  youtube instructional videos by Sarah Hombray, and she has a selection of free designs on her website. I developed a fierce longing for variegated threads...

Here are my next thoughts for the design for this month. They are a couple of birthday cards from last year that live on my piano. I would leave out the lettering if I choose the right hand picture.


    



No comments:

Post a Comment