Tuesday 11 July 2023

Tuesday 11th July - what's the time? No idea.

 Time seems to have become non-linear for large periods of today. 

The tinewarp started early this morning; late last night, to be ultra precise; at 23:59 when the gentle monotonous chuntering of the oxygen concentrator changed to a plaintive beeping. If it wasn't that I have to use the machine at night we would probably have slept right through the power cut.

So, now what? Shall I make us a cup of t... no, the power is off. We'll just have to read for a little wh, no, it's not practical reading by torchlight. 

Normal services were resumed about an hour later. We didn't bother to bring up the portable concentrator that I use when travelling as lugging it upstairs and then grovelling under the bed to plug it in is a sure fire way for the power to come back immediately. 

Interestingly we discovered that we are both so acclimatised to the sound of the machine that neither of us was able to sleep until power returned.

So, what with one thing and another I have felt a bit 'not in the real world' all day. I was delighted when this afternoons piano lessons were rescheduled (school end of term productions are in full swing). 

I've also cried off tonight's book club meeting. I didn't finish the book (again) so I shall wait and see what this month's choice turns out to be. I've downloaded and read the samples for three of them and they all look readable and non-alarming. 

Meanwhile no stitching, no charting, no progress with the cross stitch collaboration. I need to get started, then I'll be fine.



2 comments:

  1. I'm way behind with cross stitch plans too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! (Kirsten; this device doesn't know my home. Why? No idea.)

    ReplyDelete