Friday 20 October 2023

Friday 20th October

 Another 'take it easy' day. 

I have got a lot done, but all of it accomplished without stirring myself from the settee except to make a pot of tea or fetch a book. Oh, and answer the door once...


I'm impressed that I managed to assemble a tea tray with teapot and cup and saucer twice without missing anything, like the tea or the  hot water or the milk. We have a 'captain's chair' instead of an ordinary office chair beside the settee, and it makes a handy place to put the teatray. I can turn it away from the computer desk to use it asa side table.

I watched a very happy dog being taken for a walk;


It was beginning to rain; the dog looked much more cheerful than its owner,

And I'm halfway through 'retrofitting' quilt-as-you've-gone patches. 



Twenty hexagons stitched in, sixteen more to go. Then I need to quilt them to make sure the padding stays in place,


The quilt has stopped growing while I add the backing hexagons, and then I need to redo the forty paper patches I had prepared. I want to turn them into proper quilt-as-go hexagons, with the padding, backing and quilting all complete. It will be worth the effort, though. Once a piece is added, nothing else needs to be done in the way of finishing.

I'm halfway through the dreaded ribbing of the sock, before doing the fiddly-diddly stretchy bind-off. After that is picking up the stitches for the afterthought heel, and knitting that shouldn't take too long.

It's half term this coming week; no teaching, hardly any admin, so lots of time for knitting and sewing, and even cross stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the break from teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will! And I hope you have a good time with the littlies...

      Delete