Thursday 19 October 2023

Thursday 19th October

Some days, not a lot happens.

This was one of them. 

I painted a few flower petal shapes, copying from the same water colour book as the leaves I did the other day.



I carried on adding backing patches to the 'quilt as I've gone', rather than 'quilt as you go' hexagon patch. No picture, as it is pretty much the same as yesterday.

I'm still walking down the road on my virtual Yosemite trail hike, there's about a mile before I return to the trail, I think, and I'm only doing less than a mile a day at the moment.  


The trees look impressive. I wonder if I would be hearing any birdsong if I was really there?


2 comments:

  1. I have days when not a lot happens too! I was interested in your virtual walk as they are being advertised all over FB and I wondered if they were any good, are you enjoying it and does it help you to walk me? I'd have a go if it would encourage me to walk more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Chris, that my reply is delayed... I tapped out a reply on my phone, touched the wrong bit and all my words disappeared! So here I am on a proper keyboard.
      I would say, pick your route with care. The Dutch Bulbfields was not exciting - all along roads, and the weather was wrong for vistas of tulips! Hadrian's Wall was good; it's all the track after you leave the town, and someone has videoed the length so you always get a 'streetview'. The same could not be said of the South Downs Way, although there were a lot of streetviews along the track.
      It does encourage me to be more active - left to my own devices, my step counter could well read a measly 600 by bedtime, hardly worth posting, whereas if I am walking a route I will try for at least 1500 and maybe more, walking on the spot in the evening to get the steps in!

      Delete