Wednesday 13 December 2023

Wednesday 13th December - post boxes, more cards,

 But first, 


Can you see it? In the middle? A tiny violin ornament. Our neighbours spent the weekend at a German Christmas Market, and brought it back as a thank you for feeding their cat.  It's so sweet!

I've three more cards to write to reach today's target of 20 (minimum) per day. I'm going to pick people who just need a 'Happy Christmas ' sort of message rather than a longer letter.

Irritatingly the envelopes for the snowman and robin cards weren't identical as appeared at first sight. So I've taken the scissors to the edges of the snowmen. Take it from me; this is best done BEFORE you write the message.... 

I


Not ideal, but it might pass the 'would you spot it from a galloping horse at 20 paces?' test.

None of yesterday's were posted - it was a cold, wet, windy day. Not to worry, there's plenty (ish) of time. 

I can't remember if this is the post box near us;


or another one. I love the way post boxes suddenly get these toppers in tune with the seasons!

And if you ever wanted to know what happens to your letters once you push them through the opening, all is revealed at the Christmas Trail at Mottisfont Abbey. My son visited the Abbey at the weekend, and sent me this photograph. It's worth clicking on the picture and zooming.




4 comments:

  1. That post box interior is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! I love the toppers too. Our local onee gets the seasonal treatment which is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postbox makes me want to drive to Mottisfont to do the Christmas trail!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Now there's a new challenge for Bob!

      Delete