Saturday 6 January 2024

Saturday 6th January

The only typo I found yesterday was in the title! I read through the text a couple of times... but that was not enough.

Here's the 'moon' which baffled me yesterday morning. I guess the illusion will remain until the sky is much lighter in the mornings.

iThe photograph was taken a little too early, but the sky changes quickly and I missed the perfect moment. The brighter light below my ghostly moon is a streetlight. 


My usual daily routine was disrupted by spending the morning removing the Christmas decorations.  Spot the difference to the hearth?


I'm keeping the candles, but the tinsel is all packed away. I know there is one little wooden Christmas decoration on the bathroom windowsill but I shall pack that into its box at bedtime.

Tomorrow we shall discover all the other things that escaped the boxes and bags; there are always a few!


4 comments:

  1. I knew a elderly gentleman who kept one bauble pinned to his pelmet - because, like Scrooge, he wanted to remember Christmas all year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same camp as the elderly gentleman - I keep the little nativity carving up all year for the same reason.

      Delete
  2. I keep finding little bits and pieces that have somehow freed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my excuse for taking so long to put the Christmas things away in the loft (if they ever get that far).

      Delete