Thursday 14 March 2024

Thursday 14th March

THE LIST OF STUFF TO GO

It's a bit like a scavenger hunt; I prowl around looking for things the appear on this list

  1. The shelves by my worktable
  2. The dining room table
  3. The pine cabinet of filing drawers
  4. The shelves above the piano
  5. Items of (my) clothing
  6. The Kitchen
  7. The larger spare bedroom 
  8. Thee small spare bedroom 
  9. Hall/stairs/landing areas
  10. Craft stash
  11. Pens and pencils
  12. Trinkets
  13. Ephemera (old cards etc)
  14. Plastic food storage containers like tupperware
  15. Top junk drawer
  16. Middle junk drawer 
  17. Bottom junk drawer
  18. Garden sheds (my stuff)
  19. Music books.
  20. Bookshelves in sitting room
Yesterday items number 1, 2, 4, 5, 11, 14 and 19 were cleared off the list. They might notbhave left the house, but they are bagged up ready for a mega charity shop run.

Today I added Trinkets (12), and a complete set of months of the year Hornsea mugs - they are vintage mugs now, I suppose, because they were a wedding present from the 1970s. We loved them then, but our tastes have changed in the past mumble mumble years. So that' number (6) kitchen done.

I suspect I could get some montfort the mugs (and the caithness paperweight that is in the Trinkets bag). But we will donate them anyway, with a note on the box saying they might get worth more. It's our way of supporting Cancer Research and British Heart and other worthy causes. They will all be on their way out of the house next week

KNITTING 

The scarf that I cast on a few days ago in defiance of myself is continuing slowly. I do a couple of rows from time to time through the day.

Changing front metal to bamboo needles with a sharper point has madecall the difference 


I love the poncho that I finished yesterday. It makes a perfect easy to wear top for when the evenings are cooler, and is brilliant as a bed jacket. 

Time to go and teach. Last ever lesson for a lovely girl who is now in her final year of college and needs to concentrate on exams. I shall miss her so much!

6 comments:

  1. 'Just do one thing' is a very useful motto. You are obviously doing many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I'm trying to keep a focus on one category at a time.

      Delete
  2. I hope the mugs are properly priced by the CS. We had well over 100 pieces of Hornsea "Cornrose" as wedding gifts : 8 full place settings (72items) plus jugs, casseroles, egg cups et al. And dozens of mugs. I sold some stuff on Facebook market place. And donated a duplicate milk jug to the church kitchen, after a request was made one Sunday.
    Final lessons with lovely pupils are hard. But leave good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oxfam has an online shop with realistic prices for the 'good' items. And our local oxfam shop seems pretty savvy about pricing too. Some of the other charity shops are certainly less knowledgeable.

      Delete
  3. Getting rid of stuff in readiness to sell is so hard, we are atill making trips to the charity shops and we moved here 2 1/2years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can believe it! We'll still be making charity shop trips for ever and ever, I reckon

      Delete