Friday 10 May 2024

Friday 10th May

 Oh, beautiful beautiful weather! Long may it last.

This morning I met a friend for coffee in her garden. She had a pot of thyme growing in a lovely pot sitting on the table. It was flowering and a busy buzzy bee was working round the whole plant, crawling from one flower to the next. I must do something similar. 

The easiest way for me to source herbs for the garden is to add them to the grocery order, specifying 'no substitutes' so that they don't send me a packet of herbs already cut. I can then usually split the tight wadge of roots (after a good soaking) to make a couple of separate plants.

In the afternoon I did some sewing on the border of the cross stitch collaboration. I managed to completely finish one side, and I think it's going to look pretty good. Here's a corner with the beginning of one of the long sides so give you the idea;



I went out later to potter round our garden. I need to keep a watch on this peony. It will soon be fully open, and in years gone by I've missed it.



Best Beloved has never been a fan of no-mow-May, but thanks to wet weather and busy weeks we've waited until today. As a concession to no-mow he left this cowslip in the front and also the bottom of the back garden, under the apple tree, he's left it long.


I don't know how much this had to do with the battery on the mower, the heat of the afternoon, or that mowing long and barely dry grass is very tiring!

I did consider doing more cross stitch, but I have refilled my fountain pen. The other hand is just as bad!




1 comment:

  1. Is that variegated thread or are you changing colour every half dozen stitches?

    ReplyDelete