Thursday 3 October 2024

Thursday 3rd October

Illustrative Journaling.

What's that?

It just seems to be a polysyllabic way of saying that you draw pictures in your diary/journal as well as writing. 

I do have a daily page of 'what happened', in a page-a-day diary that I've been keeping almost without fail since 2014. There's no room for drawings in there. But with illustrative journaling  

a) you don't need to fit it all on one page, but can use several if you want

b) you are not trying to record the whole day, just one or a couple of moments.

We have been given 7 prompts; normally one wouldn't bother with prompts but this is to help you get started.

Today's prompt is 'breakfast'


I've cropped out the bottom part of the picture and the writing. (You might just be able to deduce that there is also a blue saucer with the various pills I take at breakfast time - 2 grey, 2 yellow, 3 white, 2 blue, a calcium supplement and a new one, a huge reddish brown capsule.)

The new capsule is the reason I had a 'breakfast egg muffin' for breakfast . I usually just have a piece of toast!

However I need to have something more substantial with this one, nintedanib, to avoid a deeply unpleasant side effect. Without going into details, the hospital pharmacist advised me to get some imodium before I started on them...

So far I've been okay, but this is only day 3...



I don't understand why they are called 'muffins'.  They are basically crustless quiches made in a muffin tin.

The recipe I used was for 6; 6 eggs, half a cup of crumbled bacon, a third of a cup each of cooked, drained chopped spinach and grated cheese.

Beat the eggs (in a jug if it is big enough) and stir in the rest of the ingredients. 

Pour into well greased muffin tins (these silicon ones are perfect) and bake for 15-18 minutes at 170-180 C.

I used 4 eggs and adjusted the quantities. According to the website,  www.dinneratthezoo.com, you can store them for 3 or 4 days in the fridge, just reheat for about 30 seconds. 

Today's was the first trial; next time I will cook them for 15 minutes rather than 18, and use a milder cheese. However I've another 3 left from this batch, and eating them won't be a hardship!

Here's how I drew the scribble flowers; have a go! It's ridiculously simple;








6 comments:

  1. I remember doing similar doodles in my schoolbooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never discovered how to do nice ones like these!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Eggs, illustrative journaling, or flower doodling? If eggs, try just a couple first to get oven time right...

      Delete
  3. RannedomThoughts4 October 2024 at 13:00

    Cooked egg freezes well if you fancy making the whole recipe. Can't speak for the spinach tho'.

    ReplyDelete