Friday 8 December 2023

Friday 8th December - one prototype after another...

I haven't done any more yet on the magic folding book paper craft. I was thinking of turning it into a 'print it and fold it yourself' DIY Christmas card that I could email, but there are complications. Like, t would require double-sided printing, flipping on the short side rather than the long side. Too much fuss and botheration.

Today I prototypes another booklet 'make it yourself' card I could send out;

Here it is as a booklet

and here it is all unfolded to see how to put it together. 


I think this has more mileage; the booklet has a front cover and a back cover, and six little pages, all created from a single A 4 sheet. It does mean the pages are rather small! You could get each member of the family to write a message on their own page, or include photographs, or whatever. I shall continue with this idea as one of the Advent papercrafts, after all, it doesn't have to be a Christmas card.

We've had four now; I'm getting fidgetty about sorting out the Christmas cards and addresses for this year. It always happens - ' Oh, we've loads of time yet' and then 'Oh no, just four days left!'.

The third prototype concerned the German biscuit called lebkuchen. 


This version isn't what I really want. It has a very strong flavour of honey and ginger with a hint of cinnamon and other spices, and a sort of cake or scone-like texture under the crust, but - well, it's too far from what I am trying to achieve. Not helped by the fact that I'm not all that keen lebkuchen anyway, but Best Beloved and Daughter both like them. 

I'll try another recipe some day. They weren't hard to make, just very sticky.

4 comments:

  1. Do check out Brontë Aurells recipes. More Scandi than Flemish/Netherlands, but still lovely spiced stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall look her up! Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I stopped making cards when I broke my arm and still don't, anything fiddly is too much for me to do, but well done you. Your little cakes look very nice and if your family liked them I'm sure they're delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your arm. The little cakes were quite good, but not like lebkuchen as I remember them!

      Delete