Tuesday 28 February 2023

Tuesday 28th February - The March Newsletter

I'm hoping to get the March 'Print and Post' newsletter up tomorrow sometime. I've spent the last week or so thinking about it, and then this afternoon typing as quickly as I ciild. Tomorrow morning I'll be adding the pictures and then, hopefully it will be ready!

I managed to take a few photographs in the garden this morning while it was still sunny. By the afternoon it was dull, dull, cold and dull outside. I am always caught out by February.  I think it should be more spring-like, and it hardly ever is. I should include it with othe other winter months, and then any spring days would be a bonus.

To encourage the warmer weather I knitted the first of a pair of wrist-warmers.



It is a random, multicoloured self patterning yarn, but I removed the bright turquoise and lime green sections. I'll use them in a hat or something. Oh yes, and there is the obligatory dropped stitch, temporarily secured with a pin until I do something about it in daylight tomorrow.  I'm thinking of making dropped stitches my signature detail.

You may be wondering why I reckon that making some wrist warmers will bring the warm weather... I have been so cold that I have been wearing wrist warmers and a cowl almost every day for the past few weeks. I'm hoping that knitting another set will cause a sudden change in the weather so that I end up putting them away before I get to wear them. That would suit me just fine.


2 comments:

  1. These are brilliant! I am inside our warm, insulated house and I am wearing...
    a long sleeved polo neck, sweatshirt, sheepskin gilet, fleece, cashmere scarf- it IS cold!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything for warmth... I wander round the house with a granny square blanket draped over me

    ReplyDelete