Thursday 5 October 2023

Thursday 5th October

 Thursday is the last day of my teaching week - at the moment I don't have any piano lessons on Fridays (and I'd like to keep it that way!)

So tonight I'm feeling a glow of satisfaction that I have taught all the lessons, and only have one left to write up and email practice notes for.

Sufficient unto the morrow.... (I don't enjoy writing up the notes - it was so much easier teaching face to face when everything got written down in the student's notebook during the lesson)

Now then...

just look at this evening's sky, at about 5.15 pm;




The cloud pattern is astonishing. (The telegraph pole and lamp post have been planted side by side on the verge outside out house. I've had to get dressed rather quicker than I had planned a couple of times last week when the top of a ladder suddenly appeared propped up against the telegraph pole, and a hi-viz hard-hat man followed.)

I know I said I was going to do strips, but I wanted to see a rosette; 


We're still waiting for Ang's cross stitch collaboration parcel to arrive here. She posted it 2nd class last Thursday, and they usually only take a couple of days. It's been a week... which is what 2nd class actually offers, so it's not time to get really, really worried. Maybe my fingers are crossed a little tighter than usual? My grandmother always prayed to st Anthony when things were lost; keys, glasses, books, whatever, and she was the daughter of a Rector. So I pray too, but perhaps don't mention it to our vicar? 

I clocked up 1500 steps yesterday, and have reached a road going through tall sequoia trees on the virtual Yosemite trail. I doubt I'll get as many as 1000 steps today; the past week has rather caught up with me.


I listened to some more of Hannah Fry's series, 'Uncharted' on BBC Sounds last night - absolutely fascinating! 

4 comments:

  1. Post here seems to have dropped to roughly every other day. It was mentioned on the news last night that mail deliveries are 'random'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news in one way... our post is reasonable at the moment...

      Delete
  2. I hope it arrives!!! I've just sent my very first parcel using Evri- a parcel of 9 books to a blog friend Sandra and I am HOPING it gets there. I usually use Royal Mail but it was cheaper for a 2kg parcel to use Evri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying be patient...we will ask at the local sorting office on Monday. Fingers crossed...

      Delete