Wednesday 4 October 2023

Wednesday 4th October - what do you do when

 you've got loads of projects on the go?

Start another one, of course.

I ordered precut paper hexagons last week and then spent several hours browsing precut fabric hexagons. On the whole, a lot of money for not much fabric. So I went a-hunting through the zillion boxes and bags of scraps scattered around the house and have made a smallish pile to be going on with.

The hexagons arrived this morning. An hour so of cutting, and I created a tidy little heap of twenty tacked hexagons ready to so and an untidy heap of even smaller scraps. How small does a scrap have to be to go into the rubbish pile?


The first two hexagons come from a bridesmaid's dress I wore 46 years ago.

The little gold spring clips worked well for holding the fabric firmly to the paper ready for tacking.

Later on, after about fifteen minutes sewing I had four joined together.



I  have found a smaller tin to keep the current patches, needles, thread and scissors together.  Although I'll have to join the patches in groups of 4 if I want them to fit in the tin, and then connect the 4s later! My plan is to set myself up with enough patches to last a month, and then maybe have change of colour or theme for the next month.

This bodes I'll for the sock, however! I had been doing about an inch a day, marking each day's knitting with a stitch marker. The top marker is yesterday's. 


I only managed 1100 steps yesterday, but still added it to my virtual Yosemite hike.


That's half a mile further along the trail, currently this path hugging the edge of the steep cliff high above the river below. 









No comments:

Post a Comment