Tuesday 2 July 2024

Tuesday 2nd July

Delayed blogging; the tennis match between Tymer (I didn't get round to learning his first name, he's Sweden's no 1) and England's no 1, Jack Draper was still going on after 'Bake-Off; The Professionals' had finished. Draper won, hurrah hurray!

Katy Boulter is also through; I saw her match earlier in the afternoon. Hurrah hurray again!

(What has happened to me? I don't particularly like watching sport...)

Seeds have been sown. Borlotti beans, to be eaten as French beans, and also French beans. Carrots and, a new venture, Florence fennel. Opening the fennel seeds up was an unexpected pleasure - but I should have realised the seeds would snell exactly like the seeds in my jar of fennel seeds in the kitchen. Would those ones grow too if I planted them? They're probably too old. Could I grow a little nutmeg tree? Would star anise grow into a - a what? Bush? Tree? Shrub? What about cloves?

I've bought a 'vanishing' pen to mark fabric with. You have to be jolly quick to do whatever you wanted to do with the lines you drew before they - vanish.

5 comments:

  1. I planted carrots, dwarf beans, and more radishes this afternoon. I suspect the seeds on my spice rack are too old to germinate too. On Sunday I dug out my water soluble fabric pen - I once had a Vanishing Marker, but it seems to have.... vanished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that the fennel seeds in the seed packet were tinged with green, definitely fresher than in my spice jar. Vanishing pens - why are we surprised when they - vanish!

      Delete
  2. Vanishing pens used to make me very cross! What a lovely thought to grow a little nutmeg tree. You could sing to it, as you pick the golden pear?

    ReplyDelete